On Monday, May 13th I hosted an event on The Future of Blockchain for Circularity & Transparency in Fashion Industry in conversation with Neliana Fuenmayor, founder of A Transparent Company and Fabian Vogelsteller, co-founder of LUKSO. Thanks to everyone who made it! We spoke about the new era of transparency in fashion, purpose and trust and the importance of acknowledgment of shifting mindset - from linear to circular. That's how the industry shifts to circularity - starting from the mindset shift that can bring huge changes. We discussed what blockchain means for fashion, and how it can be applied. We touched upon how it can provide decentralization and transparency, as brands embrace tokenization, smart labels, RFID tracking, smart contracts and other technology for transparency and authentication. We also talked about my favorite topic - circularity and how blockchain technology is able to facilitate the circular economy for fashion and integrate + secure customer feedback and data.
We agreed that one of the biggest obstacles for application of blockchain is standardization and common language around the new technologies, which I aim to create with my events and articles.
I will also publish a video of the event in my next newsletter, stay tuned!
Reminder to support my YouTube and IGTV videos series called "[Fashion] Revolution Starts Within" focused on stories we tell to ourselves through garments that we own! I also post my channeled collective consciousness tarot readings each week, if you're interested a more spiritual content!
High Consciousness: Where is our industry heading?
- Trailblazing sustainability initiatives unveiled at Copenhagen Fashion Summit 2019 - Global Fashion Agenda
- Everything you need to know from the Copenhagen Fashion Summit - The Current Daily
- In search of a business case for sustainability - Business of Fashion
- Building equitable circular societies - Medium
- Can these innovators turn the tide of fashion’s pollution mess? - Forbes
- 3 ways brands are experimenting with the resale market - The Current Daily
- 2019 winners of H&M’s Global Change Award announced - Wallpaper
- What’s driving fashion’s love affair with podcasts - Vogue Business
- Forget about artificial intelligence, extended intelligence is the future - Wired
- ‘The consumer is pushing them’: How fast-fashion brands are responding to sustainability - Glossy
- Why fashion doesn’t pay fair - Business of Fashion
What do we need to know to prepare for the shift?
- Capitalizing on the Met Gala moment is harder than it looks - Business of Fashion
- Sustainability Is Linked To Privilege - Teasing Out The Truths From Copenhagen Fashion Summit - Forbes
- Consumers Are the Elephant in the Sustainability Room - Highsnobiety
- How Instagram transformed the fashion industry - i-D Vice
- The age of political correctness will kill great fashion - Highsnobiety
- Progress in sustainable fashion has slowed by a third in the past year - Forbes
- Fashion’s diversity problem has real costs - Vogue Business
Monday, May 20th
Join the NYC Fair Trade Coalition every 3rd Monday of the month for an evening of planning, organizing, and collaboration. Learn how to get involved and push the sustainable fashion movement forward! Price: $8 – $100 Location: LIM College, 216 E 45th st
Tuesday, May 28th
This month for #SustainingSustainable, we’re bringing you a total powerhouse of digital marketing answers. Harineta Rigatos manages a digital audience in the millions, and manages campaigns with mega influencers and brands around the world. She’s a story-telling- relationship-building whiz kid and we all get the opportunity to learn from her experiences. Price: $20 Location: The Arlo SoHo 231 Hudson St.
Wednesday, May 29th
6:30pm - 9:00pm Building a Fashion Startup
If you’re building a fashion startup, join us on May 29th as we discuss what it takes to launch and grow a fashion startup with some of NYC’s smartest entrepreneurs. We’ll discuss: Designing & prototyping your product, Finding manufacturers, Competing in a crowded space, Planning for direct-to-consumer or other distribution channels, Marketing for your product, Fundraising options for beauty startups Price: $20 - $65 Location: Alley Chelsea, 119 West 24th Street, 2nd floor
Friday, May 31st
Saturday, June 1st
With Latham Thomas (Founder, Mama Glow), Antoinette Klatzky (Dir., Eileen Fisher Learning Institute), Christiane Northrup (NY Times Best-Selling Author) & Women's Health Expert), Zuleikha Perex (Movement Artist & Educator). Price: $37 Location: Eileen Fisher Learning Lab, online.
Monday, June 17th
Join the NYC Fair Trade Coalition every 3rd Monday of the month for an evening of planning, organizing, and collaboration. Learn how to get involved and push the sustainable fashion movement forward! Price: $8 – $100 Location: LIM College 216 E 45th st
Thursday, June 21st
This is a masterclass focusing on introducing you as to how lean business model canvas can elevate your understanding of innovation best practices and the intra-corporate entrepreneurial skills needed to lead innovation projects, teams, and strategies. The Lean Canvas is more actionable and entrepreneur-focused. It deeply focuses on startup factors such as uncertainty and risk. In this masterclass, the aim is that you can capture a 1-page diagram of your startup vision efficiently. Price: $33 Location: TBA
- The Loop Scoop - by circular.fashion, a digital system which specifies how each garment choice of material, cut and production affects the planet. Here is their Indigogo campaign.
- Circular Design Guide by Nike
- Worker uniform circular - Silfir
- Manifesto to deliver a circular economy in textiles
- Open Source Fashion Manifesto