I'm back from newsletter hibernation.
Here's a whole Medium Post I wrote with a detailed report pointing to why I haven't sent out this email in the past 2 (!!!) months, even though this newsletter has been the most consistent thing I've done since early 2016.
It's time for transformation. This email has always been transforming along with me, I've never had anyone but myself send it out, even though I've had community members help me bring the curated lists together. The time has come for me to tell you the truth: I don't enjoy emails any more as much and generally prefer texts, Telegram channels, and social media that are easily accessible on my phone & tablet. In the future, I intend this email to be going out approximately every other week, but there's no guarantee because I'll be following my intuition on how often and when my curated collection will need to go out.
A lot has happened in the past 2 months and a lot more is still brewing. I'm currently in NYC so hit me up if you'd like to drop in with me at The Assemblage and explore the future of the Fashion Industry we're weaving together or chat about other deeply conscious impact-driven projects. Fashion is my current focus playground, however, after traveling and following my intuition during my spiritual transformation in the past 3 years as I left the corporate world of fashion tech startups, I got connected with multiple tribes of change-makers around the world shaping the New Reality together, unified by Deep Spiritual Wisdom and grounded into action based on UN's SDGs, with our Collective Goals in minds. And my life's Higher Vision emerged from there for both my company, Balanced Humanity (Balanced Fashion is the branch) and this newsletter, followed by top executives routed the Future of Fashion Movement from its start-up stage around 5 years ago. We used to call this movement fashion-tech, but in reality, it was a preview of what we're experiencing today: mindless application of technology, focused around the outdated consumerist paradigm, confusion, and anger, lack of holistic direction and kindness... more about this in the next chapters marked for this newsletter in 2020... So much beauty is brewing, so glad you're with me on this journey! Thank you for reading and supporting me all along, it's been quite a ride and I've ALWAYS been honest with you about it, so thank you for your continued support and these consistently sky-high open rates!!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME & ENERGY. I LOVE YOU DEEPLY.
Here's a summary of my recently published long read on Medium, where you'll see what's been brewing on my side in the past months:
- This newsletter will go on but in a different format - more free-flowing, more yin, more new, "spiritually integrated" me.
Nataliya.ai - soft-launched in July 2018 - it's a holistic brand where I mark objects, companies, projects, individuals from my Global community, whose energy is purely focused on our Humanity's Collective Ascension. In that Higher Goal in mind, I offer private spiritually-rooted hacking sessions for businesses - more info here. Yes, it's pure psychic work and I embrace it. When I say I work from the future I don't overexaggerate - we co-create from the best possible timeline in 2030 where our Planet had gone through a consciousness upliftment along with the technological transformation. AI in Nataliya.ai stands for Ancient Intelligence, inspired by Azrya Cohen's initiative. The Mark you see everywhere is an energetic blueprint for Unconditional Love & Light Frequency, it means aliveness and joy of existence, releasing old patterns and following our Heart and playfully diving deeper into the New and Unknown. Follow/DM me on Insta to find out more if these words resonate with you.
- Balanced Fashion has transformed into a creative communications agency where we set to co-create a blueprint of what it means to LIVE in the FUTURE OF FASHION INDUSTRY. We weave our friends’ & other energetically aligned companies in the overall story of our Balanced Fashion’s collective network of Global Trendmakers’ communications. We also work with tech companies in the conscious fashion sector and point out where their technology solution is best applied in the industry that is transforming so rapidly.
- For new fashion aesthetics & most up to date news drops, follow @Balanced_Fashion Instagram and DEFINITELY watch our stories.
- Check out this Text + Photos Recap of the Event at the Assemblage we co-created with Veronica Cabezas. It was PURE MAGIC, my dream event where spirituality & fashion worlds met for a full day's programming at the most beautiful NYC's coworking space. We had a holiday market featuring a number of high-frequency brands, top-notch traditional cacao ceremony by Florencia Friedman of Cacao Lab, meditation by Primavera Salva, sound journey by Oriel Poole and conscious fashion tech experience brought by Allpamamas. Here are some sneak peeks:
Listen to the Spirit of 608 podcast interview featuring a younger version of me - a blast from the past from 2018, made for NOW - because what I shared there is still relevant for many of us, the conscious fashion tech newsletter followers, very much so. It's about the beginning of my journey of merging fashion, business & spirituality.
Since August 2019 I've joined Newlife.ai created by the best dressed visionary technologist I got to know, Vector Newman. I have been walking my way towards aesthetically updating my conscious lifestyle on this decentralized creative social media platform, built on EOS blockchain. My role there is to authentically & aesthetically bridge spiritual wisdom, art, fashion and our post-spiritual awakening, upgraded, much healthier lifestyles and help us visualize what our collective future could look like in years ahead. It's a platform for us to intentionally launch BIG TRENDS in conscious aesthetics - and a safe space for artists and content creators to share our deepest work and ethically get paid for it. It's not the "next social media network", it is THE ONLY platform for our collective co-creation going forward. Remember those words and join now, while we still consider this as an early-adopter stage, although we are growing exponentially. Ask me direct questions about it if you want to know more or read about Newlife's vision here, here and here. Join our Telegram chat if you feel extra geeky-naughty. JOIN the platform here by downloading the app and signing up using the invite code: nataliya. Yes, it's invite-only and cool af. If you are reading this you are ready for it and very welcome to join and co-create our LOVELY future.
This month I've launched NMVP — Nataliya’s Minimal Viable Podcast, where I talk about spirituality in the most digestible way possible. It’s an experiment. Available on YouTube, Telegram (if you're on the list) and Instagram TV. Deep dive episodes to come! Stay tuned, sign up for my YouTube channel or follow my Insta stories to be notified of my weekly fresh podcast episodes drops.
Not to overwhelm this newsletter with high energy updates (as if I haven't already) - informing you about my involvement as an ambassador of PAWA, the Future of Ancient Intelligence conference happening for the first time on March 20-21, 2020 in San Francisco. More info & tickets here, DM me if this resonates and if you'd like to know more. The music artist Sting will be speaking on it if this rings a bell for you.
Finally, dropping the announcement here that I’m marking, digitalizing & blockchaining my whole closet, art, and other essential possessions to promote the circular economy and the fact that we are ALL becoming walking shops. Yes. Later this year, I aim to minimize my closet to 33 items and keep it that way, while rotating the pieces via voting with my wallet for the conscious future of fashion, participating in swaps & indulging second-hand shopping from time to time. Every item that I approve of and wear/use will be marked with my signature symbol. The vision is that in the near future EVERYONE will become a store, a designer, a brand, an influencer… the lines between retail, wholesale, second hand, digital and physical are blurring at intense speed and I’ve set an intention to authentically & unapologetically BE the change and mold the way in the circular economy by offering my whole closet for swap & sell in the future. DM me to know more, or wait for further updates in this newsletter.
Aaaaaand, moving on to the Newsletter's second part of the main body... here we go. I had to go over the full backlog of hand-picked industry news from the past 2 months. Bear with me, it's the only time there has been SO MUCH to catch up on. This time including titles only embedded with links to experiment how you'd click through them considering the name of the publication are now gone... a bit less bias is healthy.
OLD INDUSTRY NEWS
- Online Retailers are making 'sustainable' fashion more searchable
- What’s the carbon footprint of your closet? This handy tool will tell you - thanks to ThreadUp
- Fashion has a misinformation problem. That’s bad for the environment.
- These Are the Products, Brands & Creative Directors That Defined the Last Decade
- More than 60% of counterfeit fashion purchases were knowingly made by consumers
- Fashion's dirty microplastics secret
- The End of Consent
- Why FOMO is Shaping the Luxury Market Now More Than Ever
- What happened to New York Fashion week?
- Are We in the Golden Age of the 'Influencer Brand'?
- What fashion can learn from 2019's top marketing moments
- Tracing the Path From Fast Fashion to ‘Trashion’
- Vogue Italia’s latest issue is greenwashing at its finest
- The conscious consumerism movement is stalling—and I know why
- The New Creative Economies - the vision from the blockchain company, LUKSO
- Buzz builds around made-to-order fashion manufacturing
- Op-Ed | Fashion Needs a New Rhythm
- How to mend sustainable fashion’s multi-billion dollar funding gap
- What does fashion’s top trend-spotter think we’ll be wearing in the 2020s?
- Peter Diamandis: A look to the future
- Financing the Transformation in Fashion
- Investing in Textile Innovation
- Navigating the Investor Landscape: How to raise funding as a textile tech start-up.
- What If Fashion Was Good for the Planet?
- Fashion’s new sustainability play: More brands are turning to made-to-order production
- Woke brands walk a thin line with ‘moral merch’
- More about cause-driven merch
FASHION AS ART/SOCIAL COMMUNICATION TOOL
- Why Balenciaga sees opportunity in couture
- Be More Gucci
- Trashion: the ethical fashion brands making waste cool
- Why Climate Activism Was the Biggest Trend at London Fashion Week
- Can Fashion’s New Activists Make Sustainability Sexy?
- In London, young designers pave the path to sustainability
- What Does Sustainable Fashion Really Look Like?
- The Mystery of the $2,000 Ikea Shopping Bag
- Alexander McQueen are donating old fabric to young designers
- Inside the Closet of the Future
FASHION AS SERVICE/CIRCULAR ECONOMY
- The Future of Fashion Is New End-To-End “Brand Operating System” Platforms
- How Online Secondhand Shopping Helped Define This Decade
- How do I recycle my worn-out shoes?
- By 2023, the secondhand clothes market will double to $51 billion. Here’s why
- Social selling site Depop on why quantity is the key to quality
- From holograms to responsible packaging: 10 must-read retail innovation lists
- The current state of fashion resale
- Depop and Farfetch on digital sustainability in fashion
- Bio-Materials Are Advancing Circularity in Apparel Supply Chains
- HYPEBAE Radio Explores the Rise of the Secondhand Market - Podcast
FASHION AS EXPERIENCE
- In The Future Your Clothes Will Be Made Out Of Pixels
- Digital meets physical: defining the retail landscape in 2020
- Could the Future of Fashion Be Virtual?
- ASOS trials Augmented Reality 'See My Fit' tool so you can try dresses on models sized 4 to 18 - thanks to Zeekit
- Skechers has dropped a Sailor Moon collab, and it’s perfect
- The future of fashion tech in 2020
- Where are wearables going in 2020?
- Sportswear International Magazine - Winter 2020 Issue - The RESPONSIBILITY issue
- Education for Sustainability Transformation - London College of Fashion Report
- Fashion Futures Toolkit
- Pinterest 100 - visual trends recap
- Is 2020 the start of a new life? - by Vector Newman of Newlife.ai
- Saturday, Feb 22 - Friday, Feb 28, Refashion week - full schedule.
- Tuesday, Feb 26 - Fashion Labs Expert Panel: Tech; but Make it Fashion
- Thursday, Feb 28 - Dream Assembly's The Evolution of Fashion Innovation | New York Bootcamp (DM me for details)
Dm/email me if you'd like to have your event featured in this newsletter.
UPDATES & TIPS (copied & edited from the previous email)
- For more curated events, reach out to Gabriela of ConsistsOf, she's NY-based amazing conscious fashion events & trends spotter!
- Follow Balanced Fashion Angel, Em (Cloudemac) on Instagram. In her stories, she posts news that matters, and she also works in the hottest fashion tech company in my POV. Connect with her.
- Follow my fellow Russian Burner friend living in LA account DESTINATION.AMA - she's curating necessary to know industry facts
- Sign up for Sustainable Fashion Circle Newsletter for NYC events listings
- Follow me on Twitter for more news and tech-inspired thoughts.
- Sign up for Vogue's new Sustainability Edit because my Balanced Fashion list is evolving into something more.. new. More to come on this in the next newsletter edition.
- Sign up for The Current Daily newsletter to get their more epic than mine news roundups. Here's the latest one.
- Read BoF Daily Digests/Sign up for the newsletter if you haven't
- Check out and follow Neonyt, the sustainable fashion trade show in Berlin. They have a fantastic database of the most authentic brands in the "sustainability" movement
- Sign up for SLOW FACTORY emails, duh.
- Follow Future Dust & their news edit here
- Watch The Twelve Documentary - stream it for free here and get instantly grounded and upgraded spiritually
Love you all, thank you for Being the Reader who Opens and actually gets to THIS point looking at this Email. Your time and attention are so much appreciated. My emails won't be so long in the future I promise! :)
Founder of Balanced Fashion, Conscious Fashion Tech Communications Agency